Talk in English - US at Dutch PHP Conference 2018
View Slides: https://speakerdeck.com/xeraa/monitor-your-php-application-with-the-elastic-stack?slide=1
Checkout the code: https://github.com/xeraa/php-monitoring
Short URL: https://joind.in/talk/9552c (QR-Code (opens in new window))
"Every outage is like a murder mystery" is a common complaint. But it doesn't have to be! This talk gives an overview on how to monitor PHP applications from all possible sides. We dive into:
* System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
* Application metrics: Gather metrics of nginx or Apache, php-fpm, and MySQL.
* Application logs: Collect logs in a structured format or parse them to extract all the relevant information.
* Uptime monitoring: Ping services and actively monitor their availability and response time.
* Tracing: Follow calls through your application and visualize them.
And we will do all of that live since it is so easy and much more interactive that way.