The APIs keeps changing, and the programming languages like PHP and Frameworks like Laravel are shifting the paradigm of API consumption. We often dedicate a lot of time to craft powerful APIs but overlook proper security measures. Setting up an authentication layer is, without a doubt, one of the most challenging yet necessary tasks within any web application. In this talk, we’ll look at proper ways to secure our PHP APIs with Decentralised Identity Tokens. We’ll go from learning what Decentralised Identity standards are, how the users’ identities are self-sovereign by leveraging blockchain public-private key pairs, why they’re the future of API security, and to put theory into practice we will build a real-world implementation using PHP where I’ll show common best practices.
What you'll learn from this talk:
- How to write efficient and highly scalable APIs in PHP.
- What is Decentralised Identity Token?
- How the user's identity is self-sovereign?
- A better approach in making the Internet secure by not using passwords
- How to use blockchain's public-private key in the user authentication?