Talk in English - US at MidwestPHP 2014
View Slides: https://speakerdeck.com/jmikola/doctrine-object-persistence-and-you
Short URL: https://joind.in/talk/93518
(QR-Code (opens in new window))
Doctrine, Object Persistence, and You
Comments are closed.
Good information that makes me rethink my ORM solution or at least give more consideration to some issues.
For those curious about the hybrid MySQL/MongoDB application I alluded to, see: http://stackoverflow.com/a/11368517/162228
Kudos to Ross Larson for mentioning it on Twitter.
I already use Doctrine ORM. There was a ton of great information packed into this talk that showed me I had no idea Doctrine did for me. Also showing the design patterns in the beginning was a plus. One of my favorite talks because it has such a direct impact on my day to day. Thanks!
- Mind blowing to see how grown up objects are hydrated and persisted.
- Doctrine is cool and you helped make it (right?) and it's really cool to hear from the real team about it.
- This is somewhat more a compliment to Doctrine than to the speech, but the speech articulated it well: It's cool to see how Doctrine decouples the various tasks it performs to assure modularity and interoperability.
- I can tell that there are a lot of layers to doctrine, but I was still able to walk away with a clarity around the two main functions (ObjectDataManagement and ObjectRelationshipManagement, I think)
- I showed up late and missed the beginning and was some confused. NOT YOUR FAULT.