Capturing Infrastructure as Code is great, but the real power lies in collaboration and reusability. This talk shows how open source tools like Terraform allow us to apply existing technologies and techniques like CI/CD, code review, Pull Requests, and more to Infrastructure as Code.
This talk is about stealing… it’s about stealing the existing technologies, practices, and workflows that application developers have had for years and applying them to the operations space using Infrastructure as Code.
The two primary components of the talk are:
1. What is Infrastructure as Code?
2. How does the free and open source tool Terraform enable new workflows using IaC?
- Using Terraform to provision cloud resources
- Collaborating on Pull Requests and code reviews
- Automatically testing infrastructure changes
- Pushing infrastructure changes as a result of a git-merge