Docker has received much hype and attention but moving to an architecture that leverages Docker
doesn't happen overnight or without some some bumps and bruises.
Some of these challenges include local development, making an image artifact that can easily go from environment
to environment without being rebuilt, and even externalizing configuration are just a few things you may encounter.
This talk would include high level information on the following topics and any relevant tools I have used to overcome these hurdles while moving to Docker
1. externalizing configuration/secrets - what to do when you need dev or prod specific configurations
1. service discovery - where are the other things I need to talk to
1. logs - how do I get or use them since they are in the container?
1. volumes - do you really need them???
1. monitoring - is my app healthy?