Talk in Dutch at OSI Days 2010 (Open Source India 2010)
View Slides: http://drupalhyderabad.com/content/drupal-module-development
Short URL: https://joind.in/talk/81dfc
Developers often avoid/hesitate writing a module and look for available alternatives (contributed modules) to meet their requirement. In fact, writing a module for customizing your website is as simple as writing few lines of CSS, if you understand drupal’s hook system. In this workshop we will focus on the following ideas,
1. Help the beginners understand drupal's hook system
2. When do we write a custom module?
3. Create a simple module with the 3 basic files
4. Discuss about few hooks that are often used.
5. Where to look for the complete list of hooks?
6. How to define your own database schema to create tables through the custom module?
7. Writing a database query in drupal
8. Form API(in short)