Workshop in English - UK at php Central Europe Conference 2017
View Slides: https://www.slideshare.net/IvoLukac/contentful-with-netgen-layouts-workshop
Checkout the code: https://github.com/ilukac/phpce-contentful-layouts
Short URL: https://joind.in/talk/3c584 (QR-Code (opens in new window))
Handling layouts and blocks in templates does the job but it is very rigid, not flexible and hard to maintain. It gets even more complicated with responsive or adaptive rendering for different screen sizes.
To improve this we built a tool based on Symfony full stack so that we can:
- easily manage different layouts with zones
- add/more/remove blocks to zones with a drag and drop interface,
- reuse blocks with shared zones
- implement custom blocks by simple template and/or controller override,
- apply layouts to routes with conditions like user roles, geolocation, time, languages, etc.
The tool is envisioned to be used in front of a backend system like a CMS or a eCommerce and provide a faster and more agile way to develop complex web solutions.
The workshop is demonstrating integrating this tool with Contentful headless CMS