Certain things about JS seem strange when you are either new to programming or come from a PHP background: var, let, const, this, ES62015, ES6, asynchronous programming, various shorthand syntaxes, and more. We'll go over these and much more to prepare you for the brave new world of JS.
In addition to learning the "how" of modern JS, we'll also learn about why so many people are integrating JS so heavily in their applications. What can JS do that PHP can't? And do JS frameworks really provide enough benefit that we should invest in CMS decoupling projects?
This Talk is targeting:
- People who know how to program in some language (such as PHP)
- People who haven't used JS significantly recently, but may have learned/used it a while ago
Attendees will walk away having learned:
- About differences between modern JS and PHP
- How JS is integrated with CMS-powered websites
- What sort of benefits JS frameworks can provide to Content Management Systems like Drupal (along with a demo)
- How to make informed decisions about when JS frameworks are appropriate for your projects