Workshop in English - UK at ScotlandPHP 2018
Short URL: https://joind.in/talk/df022 (QR-Code (opens in new window))
What if you could learn how to write tests from someone who has been using them for a long time and also knows how to explain it in a way that cuts down on the fear and anxiety while teaching you what you need to go to get started immediately?
In this tutorial, Chris will teach the basics of writing tests using PHPUnit. Topics covered include:
- high-level discussion of the role of testing
- the Arrange-Act-Assert pattern
- what a PHPUnit test file looks like and where to locate them
- test doubles and when to use them
- strategies for building test scenarios
Comments are closed.
This is exactly the workshop I was looking for.
Thank you Chris
Exactly what was needed, and I also appreciated the pointers about TAD and your course on Lynda/LinkedIn.