Talk in Spanish at Software Crafters Barcelona 2018
View Slides: https://www.slideshare.net/ascandroli/case-study-practical-tools-and-strategies-for-tackling-legacy-practices-and-legacy-systems-in-a-fastgrowing-startup
View Video: http://bit.ly/waterloo-scbcn18-video
Short URL: https://joind.in/talk/fdcfa (QR-Code (opens in new window))
In this talk you will learn how strategic tools like Wardley Maps, the C4 model and DDD’s strategic design helped a struggling CTO to fight against a crumbling monolith and the organizational practices that allowed its creation.
Amongst other things we will cover:
- How to plan, communicate and challenge strategies.
- Why strategy and thinking strategically is important for software developers.
- High-level overview of Simon Brown’s C4 Model.
- High-level overview of DDD’s strategic design.
- DDD Context Mapping.
- High-level overview Wardley Maps.
- Wardley Maps: Landscape.
- FUN random facts about software development in startups :)