Talk in English - US at Dutch PHP Conference 2018
View Slides: https://speakerdeck.com/xeraa/se7en-deadly-deployment-sins
Short URL: https://joind.in/talk/60cf6 (QR-Code (opens in new window))
Do you have something to confess? Or are you still in denial — knowing that you're doing something wrong, but you cannot say for sure what it is? In this talk, we'll go through our deployment sins and how to avoid them:
* Gluttony: Adding all the dependencies — both in size and number.
* Greed: Yes, I want to use the biggest and slowest application server possible.
* Sloth: Continuous Deployment or Delivery — who would need that?!
* Lust: Of course I'm using containers, microservices, and every latest trend for every project!
* Pride: Once something is in production it's purely an ops problem.
* Envy: Why should I rely on an external library, when I can lovingly handcraft it all myself?
* Wrath: Logging and monitoring are for the faint of heart!