Talk in English - US at OpenWest Conference 2017
View Slides: https://www.slideshare.net/Duke3D/present-like-a-pro-openwest17
Short URL: https://joind.in/talk/a0b78 (QR-Code (opens in new window))
Want to take your speaking skills up a level?
You have mastered your technical expertise, but now can you inspire and convince others to follow your lead?
Whether presenting at a conference, pitching a business idea, or in the spotlight at a management meeting, even brilliant technologists need to learn how to become polished presenters. Your stellar ideas will not find a sympathetic ear without clear and effective communication.
* The critical content to include in the first 30 seconds. Connect or die!
* Find your story - Even highly technical presentations benefit from having an emotional bridge to the audience.
* Start with Why - Simon Sinek's advice on how to bypass filters in our listeners' brains.
* Tricks of the masters to attain and keep perceived eye contact with your entire audience.
* Owning the stage - when and how to move or pause to enhance impact.
* Being Interactive - methods for continual audience engagement - how to keep eyes off of eyephones.
* The anatomy of an ideal presentation slide. "Tell don't show" v. "Show don't tell."
* Important reasons NOT to use a multi-slide presentation.
* Using screen content to subtly enhance your brand.
This session will explore ten time-tested and easy to learn techniques of the pros for improving your effectiveness the next time you have to speak on your feet.