A tour through different useful applications of serverless computing and tools to use across different cloud providers. Follow up with a walkthrough of a completely serverless application that I built to demonstrate some of those uses.
– Initially go through what serverless computing really is and clear up some confusion that arises around serverless computing vs frameworks that have adopted the name.
– This will lead to a brief tour of the popular serverless frameworks that are out there and how useful each one is.
– A tour of cloud provider’s serverless offerings (AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, Azure Functions, IBM Whisk)
– A high-level overview of the application I built and what it consists of.
– Things to watch out for when you build a fully serverless application