Talk in English - US at Symfony Live Berlin 2012
View Slides: https://speakerdeck.com/asm89/what-is-new-in-doctrine
Short URL: https://joind.in/talk/bd11d
(QR-Code (opens in new window))
What is new in Doctrine
Comments are closed.
I'm not that deep into doctrine so this talk has been a bit overwhelming for me, but it was well structured. For me it seems a bit that Doctrine tries to cover all possible cases for all people, so I hope there won't be any performance impacts in the future.
Great talk, thank you guys!
For me, personally, the most important new features are:
* filter API. allow to e.g. only show specific local items in different country versions of a webshop, uses SQL snippets
* Complex SQL Types - you create a class with methods for converting from PHP to DB type and back
* set flush, i.e. flush not only for all or single entities, but also sets of entities
* master + multiple slave sql servers with automatic read-write splitting
* target entity resolving - depend on interfaces
* arbitrary joins
* Collection criteria work on any selectbale (including in memory stuff)
* configurable automatic naming strategies for tables etc.
* PostLoadHandler can receive LifecycleEventArgs and get an Entity Manager from that. Can be used to do additional database quries in a sort of clean doctrine way
Good information about the new features.
An excellent talk. Hopefully the community picks up the flag for documentation and gets it in order so we can discover these features when something is released :)
Pretty good talk as always by Benjamin and his Co is good either. Thanks for the great features and the look into the upcoming stuff.
Great talk about all the new goodness which might not be obvious from the current docs. Just a small hint: the dark gray of the comments would need a bit more contrast to be readable from the back
Excellent structure, great information, and the co-speaking really worked for you guys. Great work!
Thanks for all the given stuff. Great work! But don't forget to perfect doctrine's documentation.
Interesting insight in the current Doctrine development. Some of the features where known but most where new.
Nice overview of new features for all of us who don´t follow every doctrine commit! But please get on that documentation!
I was shocked that the documentation is not consist with recent changes. And to be honest, I hope you will fix that very soon. Anyway, the presentation was properly prepared and the features presented - very interesting.
Thanks, now I really like that bitch!
Good information on some stuff that should just also be documented that good :)
Really enjoyed this talk, because a lot of knowledge shared with audience
Great talk, lots of new features I personally wasn't aware of. Maybe it would be good to include such short code snippets as were on your slides in blog entries posted when new versions are released? It should be enough for at least part of developers and they would spread the word among others.
Very informative and cutting edge talk.
The style was ok with changing the speaker on (almost) every slide.
Interesting talk about the new features.
Good overview about new Doctrine features. The presenters were good in terms of their presentation skills.
Great presentation. I learned a lot. Very good code examples.
Just one thing, try to avoid putting light grey annotations on a dark grey background. I was unable to read it.
very interesting to see what happens. didn't expect this talk to be so interesting!
Good summary of what came down the pipe in the latest release.